In this two semester course, students will continue to build their Spanish language skills in the following components: listening, speaking, reading, and writing. Through practice in and out of class, students will work towards meeting the New York State Standards for Languages Other than English. At the end of the school year, students will be able to﹕
- Participate in straightforward social situations about basic personal information including self, family, daily activities, personal preferences, ordering food, and making purchases.
- Use Spanish vocabulary and grammar to write comprehensible sentences. Write short responses in Spanish to a variety of topics.
- Comprehend the Spanish language when listening to the target language in social and academic contexts.
- Read and comprehend a variety of texts in Spanish. Find the main idea and supporting details of short texts.
- Learn and understand the culture and customs of the Spanish-speaking world.